Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby quilt is finished just in time!

My daughter had her beautiful baby four weeks early!  Luckily I had just finished the baby quilt and took it to the hospital to welcome my new granddaughter, Saydee.

I made this improv butterfly quilt for my daughter to hang over the changing table.  Nice and bright, right?  I used the brown dots to match the curtains my daughter made for the room.  The back is interesting, too, in case they feel like changing the scenery.
This is the biggest quilt I have machine quilted.  My free motion quilting is coming along (in other words, I finally got the tension figured out!).  I figure a newborn won't look too closely!  I washed it and I love how soft and crinkley it is.
I used bright pink thread, too.  (Be bold!)

I am joining in on the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Click the link and you too can spend hours of fun with beautiful quilts!

I linked up to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory, also.  More fun finishes to check out!

15 comments:

  1. aaaww! It's beautiful and congratulations on the new grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun pattern! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy quilt! And congratulations on you new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you picked for this quilt. It is a pattern I have been wanting to do...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prima di tutto Auguri per il nipotino,
    sarà un ragazzo fortunato perchè crescerà con una trapunta favolosa
    Ciao Domenica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky baby! She should love looking at this quilt and I love the back, too! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This butterfly block is so fun and happy, perfect for brightening up a baby's room. The pieced back is terrific! Congrats on the new grandbaby. Thanks for sharing your quilt's story :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I love the fact that is reversible! Enjoy that grandbaby....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved how all those bright colors look together!! Great job! That's a block I want to try really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautiful! Glad to see you are still quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool are you and your butterflies ! Really neat and fun! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Laura.
    Your quilt looks great. It is so bright and colourful. Love the butterfly design. What a gorgeous gift for a lovely new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting looking quilt on both sides :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great quilt and how wonderful to be making one for your grandchild! Love the bold pink quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!