Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sherbet baby bento boxes

I made this quilt for my coworker's daughter. She is having her first baby in a few weeks.




It was so much fun to make!  I used some of the strips from my Kona jelly roll along with a mix of polka dots from my stash.  The centers were from a charm pack.  I liked it but I didn't love it until I put on the border and binding.  Then it was suddenly much more attractive to me!
I had fun quilting it, too.  I just used a meander with white thread but it felt easier than it has before.  I guess I am learning how to pace my hands and feet better.




The cute hippo backing was from IKEA last summer.





Hope Mom and Baby both enjoy it!


Linking up to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge, Manic Monday at Sew Happy Geek, Fabric Friday at Pat Sloan, Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.  So many inspiring projects!  Go take a look!
If you are visiting me from those websites, welcome!