Sunday, September 12, 2010

Autism Speaks Donation







My friend Maggie asked if anyone would be willing to donate to a charity auction for Autism Speaks. I was happy to volunteer a quilt. I made it using a jelly roll and part of a layer cake. The back was harder to decide upon than the front. The auction is next weekend so I finished it just in time. I used wavy straight line machine quilting. I washed it and now it is all crinkly and lovely.
Jump over to Quiltstory and Trendy Treehouse to see more fabric finishes for the week!

7 comments:

  1. what a great quilt!! someone is going to be very happy with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful quilt - I love the color combinations! And I often find that it takes me longer to think up the back of a quilt than it took me to piece the front! Yours is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color combinations are really special with the yellow and brown added to the green and purple. Your devotion to the back will make this a very special prize. Hope the cause raises lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sugar..may it bring in some prettier $$$

    blessings from quilt story madame samm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour combination and the organic quilting. Hugs from France.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so great, what a kind thing to do. Heather and I have a nephew with Autism, so we especially love your generosity.

    Thanks for stopping by Fabric Tuesdays. See you next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's even prettier in person. :) Tell us how much it goes for when you hear!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!