Sunday, June 17, 2012

Another Quilt for Another Sister

As promised, here is another of the late sister presents that I made this spring.  I used one of my squares from an Echo layer cake.  I made a square in a square, an easy and fun pattern.  Aren't the colors lovely together? 
Front


Bright green binding
 I followed my own trend of creating another quilt for the backing.  This time it was a improv log cabin, using some of the fabrics from the front.
Quilt back
 I practiced my free motion on the different areas of the quilt.  Some wavy lines, some leaves, some curves, some straight lines.  Lots of fun!
Quilting detail
This quilt went to my youngest sister.  I will get to see all three of my sisters in California next month.  Can't wait!


I am linking up to Canoe Ridge Creations Sew Modern Monday and Let's Get Acquainted at Plum and June!


Plum and June



Photobucket