Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Elephants on Parade!

My lovely daughter is due to have her second baby sometime between now and next Wednesday.  She requested an elephant quilt for the nursery, inspired by a pattern she found on Pinterest by Sew Much Ado.  I made my own little elephant drawing and the rest was easy.  She painted the nursery bright green and she requested the gray, pink, and purple to go with it.  I used all fabrics from my stash, except the Kona white (which I seem to run out of all the time!).

So here is my version:



I did a micro stipple around each elephant and a curvy wave in the white borders.

This is the label on the back.  It is blank because I want to add the baby's name and birthdate (after she is born!).


So if you are counting, that is the second quilt that we worked on and finished this month.  I have high hope for the third one but I go back to work in a few days... we'll see!
Fresh Poppy Design