Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nesting

My daughter finished a quilt today!
 She made this gorgeous queen sized quilt for her bed.  She actually started it last summer and finished it up this year.  She used a fat quarter pack (I bought it but right now I have no idea what it was edit: it is McKenzie by Dena by Westminster Fabrics) plus some random fabrics we found at the fabric store.  Don't you love the colors?
 Here is my adorable granddaughter on the front...

 And the back (pieced, of course!).  Carolyn even learned how to do a little FMQ.  She used a loop de loop pattern.  Her husband quilted one of the squares, too.  I helped and I did the borders in a pod/vine type design.  

Today she sewed the rest of the binding on and we washed it and dried it to crinkle it up!
Now she wants to make some pillows!