Saturday, May 24, 2014

Birthday Celebration for Stephanie

We just returned from a fabulous birthday celebration for our friend, Stephanie.  Stephanie's family and friends all got together at Oriole Park to wish Stephanie a very happy birthday.  130 people who love and support Stephanie and her family were gathered together and we had an awesome time.

My daughter suggested I make a quilt for all those friends to sign for Steph to remember her special day.

So I gathered up her favorite colors and made her a quilt.  I think it ended up about 36" square.  



I laid out the squares late at night and tried to decide which layout I like best.  My husband voted for the one with the white in the middle so that is what I went with (even though I was thinking the other way the whole time I was sewing).




I backed it with Kona white and quilted it with a swirly flower motif.  

I used leftovers from the front for the binding and finished sewing it about an hour before we left for the party! (Not that I am motivated by deadlines.  At all.)





We had a beautiful day!

I'm linking up to:




Fresh Poppy Design