Friday, April 6, 2012

Everything is coming up Roses!




 The Baltimore Quilt Guild participated in the challenge issued by Hoffman fabrics to create quilts from the beautiful (free!!!) solid charm packs they sent us.  We shared our quilts at one of our meetings and I brought my sadly unfinished quilt.  Well, now it is complete!  I love rose quilts and this was so fun to make!  Playing with all the colors and sewing and chopping to make the roses was my kind of sewing!






I used solid lines in the sashings for the quilting using my walking foot.   The borders got extra lines.   I like how it crosses in the intersections.





 I pieced the back, too.  I used every color in the charm pack! I think I spend almost as much time making the backs of my quilts as I do the fronts!  I like thinking they are reversible.  This side has a few shades of gray, which I love.  I used gray polka dots to bind it (I have used up most of this fabric and I am on the lookout for more!)




I am going to hang it at the top of the stairs so we can enjoy it each time we go up!

Welcome to new followers (and visitors!)

I am linking up to:












So go check out all the great finishes this week!



Photobucket