Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I put the final stitches in the binding of my quilt for my mom for Mother's Day!  I love this little quilt!  I hope my mom likes it.  She is living in an assisted living apartment and I hope this quilt brightens her days.  The improv violets were from a post I read on 42 Quilts blog.  

I needed a block that reminded me of Spring for our block exchange and this block fit the bill.  It was so much fun to make, I made a few more.

 The purple and green remind me of Spring.  See our lovely irises?


 I even put a label on it, although I often skip this step.  I thought my mom might need a reminder of who gave it to her and why.  Her memory of the oldest events is much clearer than her memories of current events.
 I had dinner with one of my daughters, her husband, and my son last night.  The other daughter took her husband and my granddaughter to the beach (where they lost their keys in the ocean sadly so my son is driving there today to give them new keys).  I got some wonderful news!  I will need to sew two new baby quilts for November!  So exciting!
 I quilted it with a meander.  I finally feel like I can do it successfully.  Now I am going to branch out a bit more with swirls, baptist fans, more echo quilting.
So, I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!  Mothers are important to our lives.  I am still enjoying being a mom to my wonderful adult children!


PhotobucketI am linking up to:

Positively Splendid






Sew Happy Geek
Fresh Poppy Design