Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Faithful Circle Quilt Show

I went to a local quilt show a few days ago with friends from the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild.  We went out to lunch first at PF Changs!  WooHoo!  I took the afternoon off and everything.  The Faithful Circle is a guild that some of my friends belong to.  I took a few pictures with my phone of the quilts that knocked my socks off. I should have taken pictures of the names of the quilters but I forgot.  They are very, very talented people.

 The first two fairy tale quilts were incredible!!  Very detailed and I could look at them all day!



 The next one is by my friend, Maria O'Haver.  She pieced it in a workshop.  Really incredible!


I just loved these bright and happy quilts.







 I love the curved piecing on this one.


I am really drawn to the black, white, and reds, aren't I?  Of course, we all bought plenty of new (unneeded) fabric.  We saw a great demo of fabric postcards (I totally want to get a few of these in the mail!)  It was a wonderful day!



Here is a little peek at what I worked on this weekend for our Round Robin.  The assignment was to add a 2" border with triangles.  I tried some improve triangles.  It took me a little while to figure out that the best way was to put both fabrics right side up to cut the angle, then flip one over to sew them.


I restitched these so the points weren't chopped off!

Hope the owner can appreciate my little triangles!  There is pink in the quilt  (I swear!  You just can't see it!)

I can't wait to see all these quilts in June when they are all completed!  I have pictures of a few of the others I worked on but I am afraid it would ruin the surprise!

Hope you are having a great week!

Photobucket