Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Row Robin Neighborhood Quilt

My quilt guild had a wonderful Row Robin.  We each made one row to begin and then the quilts went one to five other members who each added a row.  My first row is the blog header above.  I asked for my friends to add to the neighborhood. 

 And boy oh boy!  What a wonderful neighborhood they have created for me!  We have a hobbit house, fruit trees, some foxes and some owls, some high rise apartments and some walkways, and many beautiful stars!  


You can tell the wind was blowing (and it was freezing cold!!).
My improv star log cabin in beachy, sea glass colors.

I added the white border and bound it in stripy binding.




Here's a little glimpse of the quilting.

I am having the friends who made the rows sign the white squares in this line.  I only managed to get two of them this month so I will bring the quilt to our next meeting, too.

Thanks for reading! Stay warm!
Fresh Poppy Design
American 
Patchwork & Quilting Radio - Hosted by Pat Sloan.